TRICARE Breast Pump Coverage and Other Benefits
Military Moms Can Get Their Free Breast Pump through TRICARE
Welcome to 1 Natural Way! We’ve helped thousands of military moms get their breast pump, breast pump supplies and other maternity-related benefits through their TRICARE insurance. Let us make it easy for you, too -- we’ll do the heavy lifting!
What Breast Pumps Does TRICARE Cover?
With great insurance breast pump coverage, TRICARE moms have a big selection of fully-covered, free breast pumps from the best breast pump brands: Medela, Spectra, Lansinoh, Ameda, Freemie, Ardo and Motif - as well as the hands free, wireless Elvie and Willow breast pumps.
We’ll let you know all the breast pumps covered by TRICARE at 100% and those that may have an upgrade fee.
Most TRICARE insurance beneficiaries can also receive breast pump supplies, maternity compression stockings, and pregnancy support bands. Plus, only through 1 Natural Way can TRICARE moms get a free online lactation consultation.
How to Get a Breast Pump through TRICARE
Getting your TRICARE insurance covered breast pump is easy! Follow these steps and you could have your pump in no time!
- Provide a few key pieces of information. Just fill out the form below as completely as you can. This will allow us to verify your TRICARE coverage.
- Pick your breast pump - and choose from only the best breast pump brands! We’ll show you exactly what breast pumps are 100% covered (most are with your TRICARE breast pump coverage). Not sure which pump to choose? Check out our breast pump reviews.
- We’ll verify your TRICARE insurance coverage after you place your breast pump order.
- Submit your prescription. If you don’t already have one, our team will work with your TRICARE-authorized provider to obtain a prescription for your breast pump. Once we receive your prescription, your breast pump will ship (always for free)! TRICARE requires that you reach 27 weeks before your pump ships. We will happily hold it and ship it at the required time if you are not yet 27 weeks.
Let us do the heavy lifting! Of course, if you have any questions at all during this process, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, text us at 419-740-4306 or call us at 888-977-2229.
Frequently Asked Questions: TRICARE Breast Pumps and 1 Natural Way
What breast pumps does TRICARE cover?
With 1 Natural Way, almost every pump available to TRICARE moms is 100% covered (Spectra S1 Plus, Medela Pump In-Style with MaxFlow - Tote Bag, Ameda Mya Joy with Tote and Accessories, and many more). Choose from many portable breast pumps, as well as wearable and hands-free options.
You also have the option to choose from our upgrade models. For these pumps, TRICARE would cover a significant portion of the cost and you would cover the rest (like the Elvie Pump, Willow Breast Pump, Medela Sonata and Medela Freestyle Flex).
What are the TRICARE insurance guidelines for breast pumps and breast pump supplies?
TRICARE has a very detailed explanation of its breast pump and supplies coverage on the TRICARE website. You can find the “Breast Pumps and Supplies Page” here. To hopefully save you some time, here are a few coverage details that we get asked about most:
- TRICARE beneficiaries are eligible for one breast pump per birth event (or per pregnancy).
- TRICARE will not allow breast pumps to be shipped until 27 weeks (we can hold yours until then).
- You can get breastfeeding and breast pump supplies up to three (3) years after your baby is born (you will need prescriptions to demonstrate medical necessity).
- TRICARE moms can get a breast pump in a number of ways - from a network or durable medical equipment (DME) provider, commissary, PX/BX or Station Exchange, retail store or online store. 1 Natural Way would be considered both an online store and a DME provider.
What TRICARE insurance health plans does 1 Natural Way accept?
We work with the following TRICARE health plans:
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
- TRICARE Select
- TRICARE Select Overseas
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
We accept these plans from moms who are with TRICARE East, TRICARE West, and TRICARE Overseas.
What additional maternity benefits are available through my TRICARE insurance?
In addition to a free breast pump, TRICARE-eligible moms can also get breast pump supplies, including accessories like tubing, breast shields, breast milk storage bags and bottles, and more. 1 Natural Way offers a monthly Resupply Program through which moms can get supplies delivered to their door each month!
Many TRICARE moms are also eligible for pregnancy support bands and maternity compression stockings - sometimes fully covered! These products are extremely beneficial in promoting comfort and wellness before and after giving birth.
Maternity compression stockings help reduce swelling and discomfort and promote circulation in the legs. Support bands ease discomfort by relieving pregnancy-related pressure from the abdomen, hips, and lower back.
1 Natural Way also offers live lactation e-consultation to TRICARE moms!